Saturday, October 22, 2011

T.G. Brunch Café. All Day. Every Day. Yay!


Was that the worst title ever?  I hope by sounding like a cabbage patch doll, I've been able to express my enthusiasm for my favorite neighborhood restaurant.


This place has it all.  (To be read in a Stefon voice.)

Service.  Ambience.  Cheap Drinks.  Personality.  Good Ass Food.

The T.G. is an abbreviation of "Thank God" which makes me wary only because I'm a firm believer in the separation of church and steak (haha, get it?).  I'm guessing this has something to do with why they're closed on the busiest brunch day of all - Sunday.

Nothing on their menu exceeds 12,000₩, and they create an artistically unique atmosphere with a few quirky touches.



I love "Nature and Human" milk.
The owner, Ken, was a sushi chef in the States, and a good one at that.  I've had his california roll and his spicy tuna roll.  The california roll (4,000₩) is not my favorite.  Too much mayonnaise, and no avocado.


The spicy tuna roll is a star.  Its tuna trimmings wear just the right amount of spicy mayo dressing, and it's only 4,000₩.  I could eat this every day.


Though Ken is a sushi chef by training, he's also a very good cook in North American cuisine.  He serves breakfast and brunch foods all day.  My favorite is Breakfast Set B (12,000₩) - eggs your way; bacon; sausage; sauteed mushrooms, tomato, and green beans; baked beans; hash browns; and toast with jam and butter.


T.G. also makes proper salads (10,000-12,000₩) - an abundant bed of lettuce with a medley of generous toppings.  They also offer customizable salads where you can tick off ingredients to get exactly what you want. 

Grilled Cajun Chicken Salad with Honey Mustard Sauce

Asian Chicken Salad with Miso Sesame Dressing
I've only tried one of their pastas - pasta carbonara.  It's not authentic Italian - lacks the eggs and pancetta.  I'm pretty sure they're guilty of using weirdo Korean bacon.


Despite the adaptation, T.G.'s pasta carbonara is still tasty.  I guess anything drowned in enough of their carbonara cream sauce would be.  Yom yom yom.

I took this after I had already started eating it.  The portions are actually quite generous.
My favorite thing about T.G. is their wine special for ladies - 3,000₩ per glass of house wine.  Jesus loved wine and so do I.

T.G. is located in Gyeongnidan where the nearest subway station is Noksapyeong Station.


You can also check them out on their Facebook page.

T.G. Brunch cafe can also be found on MangoPlate, a restaurant discovery app available in English and Korean.

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...